TLILIC0003 Licence to operate a forklift truck
This unit specifies the outcomes required for the operation of a powered industrial truck equipped with a mast and an elevating load carriage to which is attached a pair of fork arms or other attachment, for licensing purposes.
This unit is based on the requirements of the National Standard for Licensing Persons Performing High-Risk Work and provides applicants with the knowledge and skills required to obtain a High-Risk Licence to Operate a Forklift Truck.
• Workplace Health & Safety Legislation & Operating Procedures
• Hazard Identification, Assess Risks & Control Measures
• Plan Work
• Overhead Hazards
• Pre-Start Operational Checks
• Damage & Defect Reporting
• Communication Methods
• Load Data Plate Specifications
• Determining Load Weight & SWL
• Shift Load including Manoeuvring, Loading, Lifting and Stacking at Various Stack Heights
• Unplanned and or Unsafe Situations
• Post Operational Checks
• Shutdown & Secure Forklift Truck
2-3 DAYS Dependent on the number of participants and student aptitude
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
• You must be a minimum of 18 years of age
• You will be required to conduct mathematical calculations throughout this course
• You must understand and speak the English language at a level that enables the safe performance of high-risk work
• You must provide (1) form of current photo identification on the 1st day of training
• Wear comfortable and practical clothing and enclosed solid footwear (safety boots preferred)
• Tea & Coffee is provided
• You must supply 100 points of identification when lodging your licence application with Australia Post
• A passport photo is required when you lodge your HR application with Australia Post
• Please arrive 10 minutes prior to the commencement of training
• All course participants will be provided with a student information book detailing their rights and responsibilities
TLILIC0003 Licence to Operate a Forklift Truck unit is from the TLI10 Transport & Logistics Training Package. This unit of competency can provide Job Pathways in the fields of Transport, Logistics and Warehousing. For more information, please refer to the Transport & Logistics Industry Skills Council: www.tlisc.org,au
ASSESSMENTS & REASSESSMENTS
Three (3) assessments will be conducted over the duration of the course – Knowledge, Calculations and Practical Assessments. All critical components must be demonstrated and answered correctly. Students deemed not yet competent (NYC) will be provided with the opportunity to undergo further training at no extra cost, however, Victorian applicants must be reassessed within 60 days of the initial assessment. NSW applicants must be reassessed within 90 days, but they cannot be reassessed for a minimum of 48 hours, fees do apply for each section that requires reassessment. The applicant will be advised at the time of the additional fees as the rate is variable dependent upon the number of NYC outcomes.
PAYMENT & TRADING TERMS
All courses require a position holding deposit of 50%. Applicants will be advised of the amount at the time of the booking. Payment for the balance is required prior to the final assessment being conducted. Corporate clients will be forwarded an authority to invoice on the term of a 14-day account unless prior arrangements have been made. Facilities include Credit Card, EFTPOS, Cheque or Cash.
LICENCES & CERTIFICATION
This course is a Nationally Recognised Training and applicants’ deemed competent at the conclusion of the course will be provided with a Statement of Attainment for TLILIC0003 Licence to operate a forklift truck. A wallet-sized High-Risk Licence card will be issued by WorkSafe Victoria or WorkCover NSW, depending on the state where training was conducted.
CANCELLATION & WITHDRAWALS
In the event of cancellation or withdrawal from this course, a minimum of 72 hours’ notice is mandatory. 10% of the deposit will be retained by 1 Stop Driving School for administration fees, the remainder of the deposit will be returned to the original payer. Dependent upon circumstances students may be offered an alternative date for training. There is no charge for a student to transfer to an alternative date, provided 72 hours’ notice has been provided. In the event 1 Stop Driving School is not notified of the cancellation and the student does not attend training, the full course fee may be applicable, the student agreement form specifies that the student/client is liable for full course fees upon non-attendance. In the event 1 Stop Driving School cancel the training course and is not rescheduling then a full refund will be returned to the payer.